Sunday 28 July 2013

The Big Dog finally takes a walk. 55 year old Tim Westwood to leave Radio 1

Tim Westwood
You either love or hate this guy! Old skinny white dude talking like he thinks he's a proper young road n'gga! (or 'the big dog' in fact). Well actually he did get injured in a real drive-by shooting in 1999...

Is this the last we will hear of him though?
---
He has one of the most recognizable voices of any radio DJ's and and has earned the respect of all the top players in the hip hop and rap scene all over the world.

When I first heard him on the radio I was like 'NO I can't listen to this punk' but when you actually get used to him you can actually get past his ridiculous sayings and DJ style and I now quite like him.

Some of you will be glad to hear that after 20 years he's actually leaving Radio 1 and 1 Extra (which can be heard anywhere in the UK and even America via Sirius), but to me it's an end of era which was a freak of nature anyway, as I know NOBODY else will ever get away with looking like that and talking as hyped up and exaggerated as he does and still managing to get people such as Jay Z and Eminem show him nothing but mad love.

You can read more about Tim Westwood and him leaving Radio 1 to be replaced by Charlie Sloth here

For those of you that need a reminder of his crazy (or annoying) voice see him in action on this video with Eminem.



I would like to know how many of the man dem like Tim and how many are glad to see the back of him?

Let me know in the comments.

~Dee

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
back to top