Sunday 16 June 2013

Should I have fun weekends OR see my kid?

Man holding baby
From Nigel;
I am 26 and have a 1 year old son and I am not with his mother. 
I want to be a good dad but I work long hours all week and think I deserve to go out and de-stress at the weekends. 

This often means that most of Saturday and Sunday I am in no fit state to want to push my son around a park at 10 in the morning.
---
I pay maintenance so will I still be a good dad if I only saw him every other weekend? so that I could go out one weekend and then see him the other weekend. 

He's too young to notice the difference anyway so could I just see him more when I'm about 30 and not going out that much and he'll be 5 and would appreciate it more.

Man Dem response;
Man up. These early years are more important than you think and its when the real bonds are made because things like materials and gifts don't matter at that age, they just want your time. Plus you never know what might happen in the future so you have to enjoy your kids now.

Going out with the man dem is not a bad thing but once you have responsibilities then you need to prioritize. Maybe go out with the man dem once a month on payday?

Dee
Newer Posts Older Posts Home
back to top